A traffic collision, also called a car accident occurs when a vehicle collide with another vehicle or a pedestrian. Daily thousands of car accidents are reported worldwide and almost 1.35 million people are killed every year by road traffic injuries.
Utah is a state in the Mountain West sub region of United States. It is the fifth most accident prone state in the country. Every eight minutes, a crash occurs in Utah. A person is injured every 20 minutes and a death occurs every 33 hours because of car accidents. Motor vehicles accidents are one of the leading causes of death for the people of Utah.
- In 2018, there were 62,074 car accidents in Utah which resulted in 25,645 injuries and 260 deaths.
- In 2021, 320 people were killed in car crashes In Utah roadways and 1641 injuries were reported.
CAUSES OF CAR ACCIDENTS IN UTAH
Following are the common causes of car accidents in Utah.
- Over speeding is one of the main cause of car accidents worldwide. According to Utah highway patrol, for every 5 percent increase in speed there is 10 percent chance of crash related injury.
- Distracted driving is one of the common causes of car accidents. A distracted driver is the one who is eating or drinking, adjusting a radio, using a phone or is fatigued while driving.
- Teenage drivers are statistically more likely to be involved in a car accident.
- Busy traffic on the weekends remains one of the major causes of traffic accidents in countries like United States. The number of car accidents reported on the weekends is considerably high.
- Drivers not using seat belt is one of the common causes of vehicle accidents. Seatbelts save lives and should be worn.
- Driving under influence is also one of the main causes of car accidents in Utah.
- Bad weather also contributes to the increased number of car accidents in Utah.
- Lane swerving is also increasing the car crashed daily. The white line On the roads help you navigate curves and keep you from veering into another driver’s lane.
- Failure to yield to the oncoming vehicles is also contributing to the increased number of car crashed in Utah.
WAYS TO AVOID CAR CRASHES
A lot of injuries can be avoided and a lot of lives can be saved by sticking to the traffic rules, avoiding over speeding and distractions, careful driving, using seatbelts and yielding to the oncoming traffic vehicles.